We specialize in towing unauthorized vehicles from commercial complexes Shopping centers industrial businesses and automotive complexes
1. The property owner must submit a properly completed application to the San Jose Police Permits Unit. An original application is required. A photocopy of the completed original will not be accepted.
2. The appropriate fee payment must accompany the application. The fee is currently set by City Council. Fees can be found on our website http://www.sjpd.org/Records/Fees_Public_Safety_Permits.asp. If applying by mail, DO NOT SEND CASH. Make check payable to the City of San Jose.
3. Only tow companies permitted through the San Jose Police Department have the authority to tow from private property in the City of San Jose. To avoid delays in obtaining a private property tow permit it is recommended that the applicant verify with the company of their choice that the company holds a current permit to tow from private property in the City of San Jose.
4. All entrances must display the required signs, which must be clearly visible to the public. All signs must be posted before submitting the application.
5. All signs must conform to Municipal Code section 6.66.280. Attached is a copy of that section. Authorized Only section of the tow sign must have a name and phone number. Manager / Management is not acceptable.
6. Upon receipt of the completed application and fee, an inspection will be conducted. Towing vehicles is prohibited until the application has been approved. Properties requiring additional inspections may be assessed an additional inspection fee.
7. The property owner or his/her agent must sign a tow receipt authorizing the Tow Company to remove a vehicle at the time of each tow.
8. Change in property ownership or tow company voids the private property tow permit on file. A new application must be submitted within 10 days of change. If a tow company or ownership is changed, the required fees must also be submitted.
Please fill out all of the information that is requested on the application. This is the address that application will be filed under. All future updates must list this address. If there is more than one address associated with the property, then all other addresses need to be listed in the body of the application. Please submit a map of the property and pictures of the posted tow signs when possible.
After completion please return it along with the appropriate fees to: San Jose Police Department - Permits Unit
201 West Mission Street San Jose CA 95110 (408) 277-4452